Tuesday 3 February 2009

No 4. Wood Street Restaurant.

No 4. Wood Street Restaurant.

http://www.4woodstreet.co.uk/home.html

At first glance I was thinking to myself that this site would be a bit hit & miss in terms of design and it is but only in some areas, and to prove my point the first part is on the home page, the use of comic sans on just takes the edge away from the rest of design, not to mention the spacing error between 2008 and the ampersand, a minor error I know but still, it looks unprofessional from a design point of view.





Going further into the site there are some good points to make, the ‘about’ page is designed nicely with images splitting up large portions of text to keep the eye relaxed, this is again shown on the ‘restaurant page’ but using slightly images as it’s main use is to give the user an insight of what the restaurant looks like.





The menu page is does what it says on the tin, but again some errors in grammar let’s the page down and then when you reach the bottom of the page the comic sans font returns and lets the design down, I also think that the menu could have been done over two pages as this would have suited the layout better.





The special events page is for me, terrible, the font size changes too many times and distracts the eye, plus again the misuse of spacing, I feel it could have been done a lot better.



Overall the site is good for information and I suppose that’s what the restaurant owners would be more focused on, but there are some flaws in the design that let the site down.

0 comments: